4330 Ålgård(+47) 51 61 43 00 http://gjesdal.folkebibl.no
The United Woollen Mill orginally founded by Ole Nielsen as Ålgårds Wool Spinnery in 1870 was central to the development of Ålgård. The whole town grew up around the woollen industry and the water-powered weaving-mill (Veveriet) was the main production place. It was built in 1898 and extended in 1912 and 1937. Today the groundfloor is in use as a library and tourist information office.